Old 07-12-2007, 08:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default the membership thing:

It has been a huge drop off. However, I'm willing to venture that things
will turn around. I can't speak for any region except my own, but our local
experience is very good.

Events are more inclusive, and there is a great deal of contact between AOS
and the Societies. I get regular emails addressing a variety of subjects,
and we have wonderful support from judges (one in particular) and other
volunteers. The classes offered at AOS headquarters are pertinent and span a
range that has appeal to newbies and seasoned growers.

In short, while many of us felt out of the loop in the past, that has
changed dramatically. That's a great first step. I'd be interested to hear
how the regional changes are working. Being in FL is not the same as living
in, say Chicago, I'm sure.

It's a big ship, and it will take time to turn it. IMO, they are really
trying, so we'll see.

Diana
wrote in message

Average total distribution per issue during preceding 12 months
(including
free copies) of Orchid:
2004 = 24312
2005 = 22574