Old 08-12-2007, 03:36 PM posted to uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture
Barb[_4_] Barb[_4_] is offline

Default Piggy MRSA outbreak in Scotland?

"CWatters" wrote in message

"Adenoid Hynkel ." wrote in message
A tumble dryer must be the most unessential item known to man. Haven't
used one for many years and don't miss it, or the bills at all. Get
yourself some decent airers and the clothes will be dry in a day
(inside).

It's worth thinking about where the water goes when drying clothes in
doors.
The air can only hold so much water so if it isn't condensing out causing
damp then that means you have sufficient ventilation.

What about days when you aren't drying clothes? Do you close the vents? If
not then you probably have too much ventilation on those non-washing days
and might still be wasting energy.

I agree - I put my damp washing on an airer on the landing, with the bedding
over the bannister. In winter, with the heating on, it dries in no time and
doesn't use any more energy. Yes, the water has to go somewhere, but I've
never had any problem with dampness, even with all the windows closed ....
and a closed, centrally-heated house is, if anything, too dry.

What has this got to do with and mrsa outbreak in Scotland, then?

Barb UK