Old 08-12-2007, 07:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Williams[_3_] Bob Williams[_3_] is offline

Default Rain Lily-(Zephranthes robustus)

Marutchi wrote:
Bob Williams wrote:
Impressive shot.

Thanks Bill.

I like your technique of allowing the foreground to fade into a darker
and darker background. Did you do this by creative lighting or via
Photoshop?

A little bit of each of the above.
I waited till the background was shaded, used a fairly wide open lens (f5.6)
to get a reasonably shallow depth of field. Then in Paint Shop Pro, I used
the curves adjustment to further darken the background, plus a little gamma
adjustment.

Well, it worked very nicely.
Bob