Old 09-12-2007, 04:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default Which vine(s) for this type of wall?

On 12/8/2007 6:45 PM, MoMule wrote:
On Dec 4, 7:27 pm, "David E. Ross" wrote:
On 12/4/2007 10:16 AM, MoMule wrote:

I have a rather long and tall block retaining wall in front of my
house similar to this type of stone:
http://www.chipperfields.ca/Images/G...Wall-Block.jpg
The wall is facing North-East with no trees or other obstructions. If
you had this wall in your front yard, what vine/vines would you plant
next spring?
Heck, if the suggestions are good, I will come back and have this
group "landscape-suggest" my entire yard!
Thanks,
Deion "Mule" Christopher

Approximately where are you located. Different vines require different
climates.

Thanks for the reply!

I am in zone 5b (Missouri).

I'm not familiar with what will survive your winters. And your
north-east wall won't even get a little warming.

Your best bet is to ask at a local nursery (not a lumber yard or home
improvement store, but a place where plants are the primary
merchandise). You might also inquire with your county's agricultural
extension service (or whatever they call it in Missouri); most such
services also provide advice to home gardeners.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean