Old 09-12-2007, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Elizabeth[_3_] Elizabeth[_3_] is offline

Default Bonsai Pruning

Hi Pam,
Thank you for your reply. On doing a Google Search I find we have a
Beech, which therefore makes it an outdoor one I expect !

I am now a bit concerned that if it is outdoor and now bursting into
growth that I might have missed it's "dormant" period!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth in Renfrewshire, Scotland.
Removex to reply

Have you got a greenhouse, or somewhere you can keep it frost-free?
It is very unusual for an ordinary English Beech to break into leaf
now, but at least you know it is alive! Don't put it out in this
weather! Has it been indoors all year?

Pam in Bristol

Yes, Pam it has.
It was a Marks and Spencer one and it said on the label "indoors" but
I am sure it is a beech ( it didn't say so on the label) but on
googling it certainly looks like one and the leaves do look like a
proper "grown-up one" :-)