Old 10-12-2007, 12:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default I think I'm losing one - advice please

Definitely looks like a bacterial rot to me.

Considering it started more-or-less in the middle of the leaves ("wet"
looking area in #1, black area in #2), I'd suspect some sort of mechanical
damage or even an insect bite,

"JaneB" wrote in message
I moved the plant.

Pictures of the leaves are he

http://home.comcast.net/~jbcamel/temp/phalleaf2.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~jbcamel/temp/phalleaf1.jpg

I couldn't quite get a good photo with both bad leaves in the same
shot. After taking the pics I removed the leaf in the first photo.
The second will probably come of tomorrow or the next day.

I appreciate the help.