Old 10-12-2007, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
MoMule MoMule is offline

Default Which vine(s) for this type of wall?

On Dec 8, 11:52 pm, "Dioclese" NONE wrote:
"MoMule" wrote in message

I have a rather long and tall block retaining wall in front of my
house similar to this type of stone:
http://www.chipperfields.ca/Images/G...Wall-Block.jpg

The wall is facing North-East with no trees or other obstructions. If
you had this wall in your front yard, what vine/vines would you plant
next spring?

Heck, if the suggestions are good, I will come back and have this
group "landscape-suggest" my entire yard!

Thanks,

Deion "Mule" Christopher

Looks like something extremely similar to what I saw months ago at one
commercial website while I was researching material for a retaining wall.
My gut says its the same photo.
Dave

Thanks David for the info on the ivy. I have seen ivy in my area that
survives each year - I will check with some local nurseries. Since
the blocks are glued together I can only hope the ivy isn't strong
enough to wedge them apart.

Dioclese,

I'm not sure what you are asking - I did a google image search for
block walls and this particular linked picture had the closest
resemblance to what I have in my front yard. That is why I stated in
my original post,

"I have a rather long and tall block retaining wall in front of my
house similar to this type of stone: http://www.chipperfields.ca/Images/Gallery/Retaining-Wall-Block.jpg"

Deion "Mule" Christopher