Old 11-12-2007, 11:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default the membership thing:

Agree with you on this one, Tony. That's why I am now the editor of our
local society newsletter - its time for me to put in. Reminds me. I must
send you a copy.

John

"emntee" wrote in message
As another non American and one who edits a couple of on line orchid
newsletters, I would like to point out that most (If not all) orchid
publications these days, cannot afford to pay for articles that they
publish. The result of this is that they (We) grasp at any free offer
that comes our way. And these are few and far between. If you want to
improve the quality of the magazine/newsletter that you usually get,
then have a little input instead of carping from the sidelines. When
was the last time you wrote something that was published?

I am not trying to be an apologist for the AOS or any other
organisation but if you don't like the output, try a little input.

Tony Watkinson
Perth Western Australia