Old 11-12-2007, 11:33 PM
vegegran vegegran is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeD[_3_] View Post
Newbie veg question...
I have a freshly dug veg patch into which I have planted field beens,
as green manure, which I intend to dig in, in 2 or 3 months, to fix
nitrogen to the soil, ready for next year's vegetable planting.

I have a selection of vegetable seeds here (listed below) all of which
are supposed to be sown after January, according to the instructions.

Can I sow any of them now, with a view to having something edible as
early as possible? I have the use of a greenhouse with a heater so
I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to plant some of the veg in
small pots or something, so that they can be planted out when winter
has passed.

I've found the www.gardenate.com vege planting reminders very useful. They send an email of suggestions for what to plant each month (or week, but that's too frequent for my needs). Not much there for Dec/January, but I'm looking forward to February.

Liz