Old 12-12-2007, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Grass lawn v guinea pigs...advice please

On Dec 11, 9:44 pm, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
In article ,vickie writes:

| I have guinea pigs who adore chomping their way through my grass,
| however its starting to look a bit worse for wear as they are over
| grawing and the weather is getting worse.
|
| Is there anything product wise that will help rebuild the grass/get it
| growing but is piggy friendly?

Guinea-pig dung :-)

Seriously - just move them around, and it will regrow quite happily
in the spring. Also give them other stuff to eat, from the outer
leaves of broccoli and cabbages to groundsel (which they love).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

At this time of year I wouldn't put guinea pigs outisde on grass as it
could contain spores or moulds - no doubt you will know something
about this Nick?