Old 12-12-2007, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Grass lawn v guinea pigs...advice please

On Dec 12, 3:13 pm, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
In article ,"judith. lea" writes:

| At this time of year I wouldn't put guinea pigs outisde on grass as it
| could contain spores or moulds - no doubt you will know something
| about this Nick?

Well, no more than many people. But so what? They aren't overbred
insults to the species, like thoroughbred horses and many breeds of
dog, and so aren't going to be worried by that. It's not as if Peru
is a fungus-free environment.

We kept ours outside except in the most bitter of conditions, and
they lived to a ripe old age. Lots of other people do the same.
They need a dry and windproof hutch, stuffed well with hay, and will
come out to graze even when there is hoarfrost on the grass. The
Andes can get quite chilly, too :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks Nick I will pass that info onto my daughter.