Old 15-12-2007, 09:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Default Sears tractor keeps destroying pulleys

willshak wrote:

Jim wrote:
willshak wrote:
Jim wrote:
willshak wrote:

[....]
I thought
that 84 Lumber was named that because

[....]
I thought 84 Lumber was named that because

[....]
I do still on occasion ponder where the name did arrive from.

Ponder no more.
From: http://www.84lumber.com/about/history.asp?type=

"84 Lumber Company's origins date to 1956 when Joseph A. Hardy III
biography_joe.asp?type= opened the
original 'cash and carry' lumber yard in the rural town of Eighty Four,
Pennsylvania,
20 miles south of Pittsburgh."

Bill, that was like educational and informative.

thank you.

You're welcome. OK, we know why the lumber yard was named 84, so why
was the town named Eighty Four?
No definite answer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighty_Four,_Pennsylvania

interesting theories presented by the documentation
provided on the wikipedia site.

anyhow since we're speculating as to the origin of names
how do you suppose sears came up with craftsman? a more
appropriate name choice would have been one of the following
such as crafts-wimp, crafts-sissy or crafts-guy. of course,
most do realize in Southern english sissy and guy are
synonymous with one another.