Old 13-12-2007, 01:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Sears tractor keeps destroying pulleys

on 12/12/2007 7:09 PM Tom G said the following:
"Jim" wrote in message

tnom wrote:

John wrote:

My Sears 1000 XLT tractor is driving absloulutely nuts .

[....]

think about it like this this. the piece of junk was built
by the low bidder who LOL every time they think of how they
did not have to put their name on that piece of crap they
sold sears.

[....]

Are your replacement parts aftermarket parts? Did Sears
change their supplier of parts?

new low bidder for lots of replacement parts.

--
sears - where girlie-guys wives take them to shop

Worked for Sears for 15 years before retiring. It was my experience that it
was the other way around. Suppliers hated (not really) Sears because they
required a better product than the supplier provided under it's own name.
Sears bought without manufacturer's warranty and thus was stuck with the
repair costs if the product didn't hold up. I doubt that Sears went for the
lowest bidder as they never had a problem with marking up any product. Of
course, with the current competition from the other big boxes, they may have
changed their ways.

Tom G.

It doesn't matter what you claim, there are some that consider all
Craftsman products as crap, with or without proof. You know, the big
corporations are money hungry, thieving monopolies, and belong to the
great evil empire, like the Borgs, and Microsoft.
Although many claim that they never frequent these establishments, I'll
bet that they do, when their local hardware store do not have what they
want. although we can never confirm their claims.
If I need a lot of lumber for a project, I can go locally to buy it, but
guess what? They are all franchised stores; like 84 Lumber ( I thought
that 84 Lumber was named that because it was near I-84 in my area, an EW
Interstate, but then I saw one in Delaware), Wickes Lumber, a national
chain, which recently was taken over by BradCo, HD, and Lowes.
I bet these same people claim to buy all their groceries at the local
storefronts, rather that the chain food stores, like Shoprite, Stop &
Shop, Food Lion, Piggly Wiggly, etc.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 13-12-2007, 04:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

willshak wrote:

[....]
I thought
that 84 Lumber was named that because it was near I-84 in my
area, an EW Interstate, but then I saw one in Delaware)

[....]

I thought 84 Lumber was named that because it stocked 84
different kinds of lumber.

I do still on occasion ponder where the name did arrive from.
Old 13-12-2007, 08:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 12/12/2007 11:26 PM Jim said the following:
willshak wrote:

[....]

I thought
that 84 Lumber was named that because it was near I-84 in my
area, an EW Interstate, but then I saw one in Delaware)

[....]

I thought 84 Lumber was named that because it stocked 84
different kinds of lumber.

I do still on occasion ponder where the name did arrive from.

Ponder no more.
From: http://www.84lumber.com/about/history.asp?type=

"84 Lumber Company's origins date to 1956 when Joseph A. Hardy III
biography_joe.asp?type= opened the
original 'cash and carry' lumber yard in the rural town of Eighty Four,
Pennsylvania,
20 miles south of Pittsburgh."

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

From: http://www.84lumber.com/about/history.asp?type=

"84 Lumber Company's origins date to 1956 when Joseph A. Hardy III
biography_joe.asp?type= opened the
original 'cash and carry' lumber yard in the rural town of Eighty Four,
Pennsylvania,
20 miles south of Pittsburgh."

Bill, that was like educational and informative.

thank you.

From: http://www.84lumber.com/about/history.asp?type=

"84 Lumber Company's origins date to 1956 when Joseph A. Hardy III
biography_joe.asp?type= opened the
original 'cash and carry' lumber yard in the rural town of Eighty Four,
Pennsylvania,
20 miles south of Pittsburgh."

Bill, that was like educational and informative.

thank you.

Yeah!! How dare you!!!!

From: http://www.84lumber.com/about/history.asp?type=

"84 Lumber Company's origins date to 1956 when Joseph A. Hardy III
biography_joe.asp?type= opened the
original 'cash and carry' lumber yard in the rural town of Eighty Four,
Pennsylvania,
20 miles south of Pittsburgh."

Bill, that was like educational and informative.

thank you.

You're welcome. OK, we know why the lumber yard was named 84, so why
was the town named Eighty Four?
No definite answer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighty_Four,_Pennsylvania

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

From: http://www.84lumber.com/about/history.asp?type=

"84 Lumber Company's origins date to 1956 when Joseph A. Hardy III
biography_joe.asp?type= opened the
original 'cash and carry' lumber yard in the rural town of Eighty Four,
Pennsylvania,
20 miles south of Pittsburgh."

Bill, that was like educational and informative.

thank you.

You're welcome. OK, we know why the lumber yard was named 84, so why
was the town named Eighty Four?
No definite answer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighty_Four,_Pennsylvania

interesting theories presented by the documentation
provided on the wikipedia site.

anyhow since we're speculating as to the origin of names
how do you suppose sears came up with craftsman? a more
appropriate name choice would have been one of the following
such as crafts-wimp, crafts-sissy or crafts-guy. of course,
most do realize in Southern english sissy and guy are
synonymous with one another.

Sears ST/16 Garden Tractor Joe Lawns 3 18-01-2006 10:28 PM
Sears Lawn Tractor: Kohler Engine: Runs then quits..... Fred Lawns 10 05-11-2005 07:13 AM
Sears ST/16 Garden Tractor Joe Lawns 3 04-03-2005 12:34 AM
Help - Need junk Sears lawn tractor Chuck Jurgens Lawns 8 23-05-2003 02:08 AM
Advice on Sears lawn tractor Mike Gardening 24 23-04-2003 09:32 PM