Old 16-12-2007, 05:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Dave Gillingham Dave Gillingham is offline

Default Paph needs a name

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:12:28 -0800, "Wendy7" wrote:

Kathy, Tennis & Kye
Thanks for the hints *G* I have so many Bob's, maybe I should go with Bob,
Carol, Ted & Alice? (Kye you're too young to know about these names!)

Appropriate names for cross-pollination?

No seriously, I took the pics late yesterday, thus the flash, didn't have my
reading glasses with me,
it was too cold to go out after dark, no flashlight so will look today.
If I can't decipher maybe take a photo of the tag. I have another way to
check if it bloomed
before is to go through my paph picture files.
Kathy, you have a good memory (RAM) it was Dr. Bob Hull of Sunswept Labs.
Yes could
have been one of his, will check my data base.
Thanks & Cheers
Wendy
"K Barrett" wrote in message
The staminodes look similar to Nitens. You maybe got this from the paph
fellow who died 8-9 years ago? Bob Woodruff? Something like that? Anyway
It looks to be not as pigmented a form as your other Nitens, so wondered
if you mayhave an albinistic form from that paph guy. Pity about the tag.
No real way to be sure.

I bought a few plants from one of our older member's estate. I recall she
really got ****ed becasue her husband and a friend repotted their
collection and mixed up all the tags. She had to wait for stuff to bloom
again in order to figure out what was what. fats forward a decade and I
bought a nice white plant thatshould ahve been a large floofy white and
wound up with a smal starshaped white instead.

Its now called 'Bob' too.

"Wendy7" wrote in message
A faded tag Paph.
I hate when that happens. I think it could be another Nitens?
Cheers Wendy

Dave Gillingham