Old 15-12-2007, 03:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Paph needs a name

A faded tag Paph.
I hate when that happens. I think it could be another Nitens?
Cheers Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
Paph needs a name-paphgetnamedsc01563.jpg
Old 15-12-2007, 05:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

I think that bab is taken by a planet somewhere. Could we go for Bill???

Kye.

"tenman" wrote in message
Wendy7 wrote:
A faded tag Paph.
I hate when that happens. I think it could be another Nitens?
Cheers Wendy

I favor 'Bob' for a name for it.

Old 15-12-2007, 04:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

The staminodes look similar to Nitens. You maybe got this from the paph
fellow who died 8-9 years ago? Bob Woodruff? Something like that? Anyway
It looks to be not as pigmented a form as your other Nitens, so wondered if
you mayhave an albinistic form from that paph guy. Pity about the tag. No
real way to be sure.

I bought a few plants from one of our older member's estate. I recall she
really got ****ed becasue her husband and a friend repotted their collection
and mixed up all the tags. She had to wait for stuff to bloom again in
order to figure out what was what. fats forward a decade and I bought a
nice white plant thatshould ahve been a large floofy white and wound up with
a smal starshaped white instead.

Its now called 'Bob' too.

Old 15-12-2007, 05:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Kathy, Tennis & Kye
Thanks for the hints *G* I have so many Bob's, maybe I should go with Bob,
Carol, Ted & Alice? (Kye you're too young to know about these names!)

No seriously, I took the pics late yesterday, thus the flash, didn't have my
reading glasses with me,
it was too cold to go out after dark, no flashlight so will look today.
If I can't decipher maybe take a photo of the tag. I have another way to
check if it bloomed
before is to go through my paph picture files.
Kathy, you have a good memory (RAM) it was Dr. Bob Hull of Sunswept Labs.
Yes could
have been one of his, will check my data base.
Thanks & Cheers
Wendy
. ..

Old 16-12-2007, 05:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:12:28 -0800, "Wendy7" wrote:

Kathy, Tennis & Kye
Thanks for the hints *G* I have so many Bob's, maybe I should go with Bob,
Carol, Ted & Alice? (Kye you're too young to know about these names!)

Appropriate names for cross-pollination?

"Wendy7" wrote in message
A faded tag Paph.
I hate when that happens. I think it could be another Nitens?
Cheers Wendy

Dave Gillingham

Old 17-12-2007, 01:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Paph needs a name=if anyone cares.

If anybody cares, this guy is a no namer. He is in my data base as BBB.
Cheers Wendy

Old 18-12-2007, 02:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

Kathy, Tennis & Kye
Thanks for the hints *G* I have so many Bob's, maybe I should go with
Bob,
Carol, Ted & Alice? (Kye you're too young to know about these names!)

Is this like the birds and the bees in that I will understand when I am
older???

Kye.

Old 22-12-2007, 04:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wendy, a friend who lurks here says he believes this is a Nitens made with
the var. sanderae form of insigne. Its a historical name, the alba form of
insigne was named for Sanders. Kinda like how the alba form of kolopakingii
is named forma katherina, for the daughter of the fellow who found it.

No possibility of showing the tag?

Old 22-12-2007, 05:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks ever so, Katy & friend, I will save this info. In fact I just found
out how to insert the info
in the properties of the photo, under details, comments. (I am not going to
do this with all my Unk's)*G*
The tag is marked "Unk BBB" so it wasn't like an illegible one.
Cheers & Merry Christmas to you & yours,
Wendy
. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
A faded tag Paph.
I hate when that happens. I think it could be another Nitens?
Cheers Wendy

Rate This Thread: