Old 16-12-2007, 06:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Winter Jasmine

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
The deer have cut off my baby winter jasmine. They didn't
eat it, just bit off the budded stems and dropped them to
the ground. And this was going to be the first winter
bloom. Deer don't like winter jasmine, but they are
always sampling. If I don't put ugly chicken wire around
a plant, it is destroyed by the deer. Let the
deer-hunting season continue!

They do the same here. I've got a bow hunter friend who I
*believe* is just crazy enough to sell his services as a
hit man. I haven't quite convinced him yet. His proficiency
with the weapon is pretty spooky, but he's adverse to
breaking the law involving night hunting.

you're too suburban to use the laws allowing hunting on your
own land without a license, aren't you? in your area wouldn't
fencing help with both the deer & the dog 'issue'? 3-4 foot
fence in front to anchor a border & a 6-8' one in back maybe?
lee