Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Dwayne

Default Killing Black birds

I don't know if it works, but it is certainly worth a try, but I have heard
that there are two methods that some people use.

One is to get some old CDs for a computer. There are a lot of giveaways
that people have who use them. Tie them to a tree limb or on a wire and let
the wind blow them around. The flashing silver color is supposed to chase
birds away. I used it to keep birds from flying into my wire put up to
support my TV antenna. Before I tried it, I had 1 bird per month walking
around with a broken wing. After I put it up, I saw mo more injured birds.

The other involves finding one that has died or been killed. Hang it up in
plain view of the others. I have never tried that method, but it is worth
the effort, especially if it works.

Good luck. Dwayne
"S. McLaren" wrote in message
Hi,

I've got a pack of black birds who are rumaging thru my garden, digging up
my plants, mulch etc.. I want to kill them. They are a pest.

Can someone suggest a suitable poison? I tried feeding them rat poison but
it had no effect on the buggers. I roughly know where they like to dig. No
other birds would be harmed because I'll watch over the spot. Anyhow, the
black birds have driven out all the other birds except the big scary

ravens.

Cheers!