Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Barbara

Default Killing Black birds

Dwayne wrote:
I don't know if it works, but it is certainly worth a try, but I have
heard that there are two methods that some people use.

One is to get some old CDs for a computer. There are a lot of
giveaways that people have who use them. Tie them to a tree limb or
on a wire and let the wind blow them around. The flashing silver
color is supposed to chase birds away. I used it to keep birds from
flying into my wire put up to support my TV antenna. Before I tried
it, I had 1 bird per month walking around with a broken wing. After
I put it up, I saw mo more injured birds.

The other involves finding one that has died or been killed. Hang it
up in plain view of the others. I have never tried that method, but
it is worth the effort, especially if it works.

Some strategically placed rubber snakes may work, worked for me with the
scrub turkeys
--
Barbara