Old 18-12-2007, 01:13 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Great Blue Heron - How Big of Fish Will They Eat?

OK, this is becoming a daily occurrence, a GBH flying up and perching on a
tree limb high above the pond or strolling around the pond perimeter. No
real danger now because the pond is covered with netting and the fish are
resting comfortably on the bottom of the pond. My 3,000 gallon pond is 18"
at it's shallowest but I'm guessing that any fish in this range is a
tempting target for the GBH. Here's my question: How big a fish will the GBH
eat? I have three Koi that will go over 10 lbs each, surely they aren't at
risk, are they?