Old 18-12-2007, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°³ is offline

Default Laying a raised lawn problem ???

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 03:31:20 -0800 (PST),
wrote and included this (or some of this):

I dont know about laying a lawn, but I have just braved the arctic
winds in order to hang out some washing. While I was doing this there
was a familiar sound in the distance, but I did not take ant notice
until my brain suddenly latched on to what the noise was...

Someone down our street was mowing their lawn.

I have often cut my grass in deep winter.

I wait for a really heavy frost so that the ground is solid and cut
the grass as normal, although not too short, of course.
This seems to do no harm and saves churning up my fairly soggy ground,

Similarly, my golf club cuts grass on fairways and greens regularly
all winter (and their grass standards are high)

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³