Old 20-12-2007, 02:49 PM
steven1307 steven1307 is offline
Registered User

Location: North-East coast
Default Plant propagation for industry

Hello to everyone!

I'm pretty new to gardening but have been given the task at work to raise about 2000 plants for next summer in a heated poly tunnel.
The site is a coal fired coastal power station on the North-East coast.
We have a big problem with rabbits so I thought growing something like pelargoniums or/and Begonia from seed.
Do I stand a chance as a newbie!? I have grown my own plants before at home in unheated greenhouses,but I've never took on the task on a scale like this before.I'd be most grateful for any hints tips advice that anyone can give me.
which pelargonium type would give the easist/biggest success rate for plants per seed? how many seeds would I need to raise about 1500-2000 plants?

thanks!
steven.