Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Willow

Default Sir Walter Buffalo - seed pods?

How's the Sir Walter Buffalo otherwise? I'm thinking of using it out the
front where the garden receives a mix of direct sun for most of the day &
dappled shade all year round. Any pros & cons with using it in these
conditions? Still in Perth, very dry & very sandy

--
Wanda
aka Willow

~~faeries are able to fly because they take themselves lightly~
Dave wrote in message
Hi all,

My Sir Walter lawn has sprouted what looks like seed pods pretty much all
over the lawn - they relatively stiff shoots with small purple flowers on
them.

It did this last year as well (hence I don't think its related to the
drought) and after a few weeks everything returned to normal, but I was
wondering if these are indeed "normal" and to be expected.

According to www.sirwalter.com.au sir walter is a sterile male plpant, so

did not expect it to seed in this way (if indeed seeding is what it is
doing!)

Is this normal?

Ciao,
Dave.