Old 20-12-2007, 06:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ted Mittelstaedt Ted Mittelstaedt is offline

Default Plant propagation for industry

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"steven1307" wrote in message

Hello to everyone!

I'm pretty new to gardening but have been given the task at work to
raise about 2000 plants for next summer in a heated poly tunnel.
The site is a coal fired coastal power station on the North-East
coast.
We have a big problem with rabbits so I thought growing something like
pelargoniums or/and Begonia from seed.
Do I stand a chance as a newbie!? I have grown my own plants before at
home in unheated greenhouses,but I've never took on the task on a scale
like this before.I'd be most grateful for any hints tips advice that
anyone can give me.
which pelargonium type would give the easist/biggest success rate for
plants per seed? how many seeds would I need to raise about 1500-2000
plants?

thanks!
steven.

1) Who assigned you this task?

The publicity director at the power station.

2) What's the connection between rabbits and the two plants you mentioned?

He saw a few run-over rabbits out on the highway.

3) What happens if you aren't successful with this project?

A disaster! The publicity manager won't be able to tell the environmental
protesters that the power plant is "green"

Ted