Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Tom Elliott

Default Killing Black birds

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 06:37:51 -0700, "Dwayne" wrote:

I don't know if it works, but it is certainly worth a try, but I have heard
that there are two methods that some people use.

One is to get some old CDs for a computer. There are a lot of giveaways
that people have who use them. Tie them to a tree limb or on a wire and let

Cds work really well, they spin and flash and generally no bird wants
to go near them. Other good deterrents I've found are :

Strips of plastic shopping bag tied to stakes. They flutter in very
light breeze and seem to frighten birds.

Fishing line strung between stakes at a low level. The birds have a
hard time spotting it, but it keeps them away as they can't move
around freely on the ground.

Tom Elliott
remove `mapsitna' from email address to reply by email.