Old 22-12-2007, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael michael is offline

Default Recommend a vineyard

On 22 Dec, 08:15, "Warts'n'all" wrote:
Hi all, and happy festivities,

I am looking for other peoples views on vineyards within the UK, with
the idea of visiting some during the coming summer, and perhaps
including links to them on my web site.

So if you know of any that you think deserve a visit, and highly
recommend, or alternatively any you most certainly do not recommend,
then I.d like to hear from you.

If this is not too P.C. for some, then an alternative email address is
.

George

Hi George,

There are quite a number of vineyards in England now,and I am sure
that many are worth a visit.I have been to a couple near Biddenden in
Kent,which are good and interesting,but the one I know best is Three
Choirs Vineyard near Newent in Gloucestershire.They have many
varieties growing and I have found them very useful with their advice
to an amateur vine grower like myself.I grow about 30 vines in
Herefordshire and make wine(white and red)which people tell me is much
better than they can afford to buy.Another point about Three Choirs is
that you can get a very nice meal there.Cheers,Michael