Old 24-12-2007, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Bulbs

On 24 Dec, 08:34, Charlie Pridham wrote:
In article ,
says... On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 19:10:51 GMT, "Zoab" wrote:

A friend has given me a large mixture of bulbs, I think it is probably too late
to plant them now for next year, apart from the fact that it's a cold for
gardening.
Could anyone tell me if these bulbs will keep until next spring and if so is
there any special way to store them. I will grateful for any advice.

It's not too late.

And they are better in the ground, just planted some I had forgotten when
I did the rest and something tiny had eaten a lot of them!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwallwww.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

I still have around 100 to plant.
You can always plant them in pots so that when your existing bulbs
come up you can plant the potted bulbs in the gaps.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries