Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Andrew G

Default dog killing the lawn

"Phill Lee" wrote in message
As the title says. Is there anything that can be put on the grass to stop
the dog urinating on it.
Phill

I have heard something along the lines of what Willow said, about feeding
the dog fewer biscuits.

Other than that, then as others have said, about watering it in and so on,
but I can see how that would be time consuming and you would have to see the
dog doing it.

What about the old trick of softdrink bottles full of water in the garden? I
remember my Father used to do it, but I can't quite remember if it was to
stop dogs or cats, digging or urinating or crapping? Also, I can't remember
if it worked. However it may refresh some peoples memories here and they can
give more info on that?

Just curious as the type of lawn you have. What is it? Anything other than
Buffalo?
Yesterday we went to visit some friends.
I was asked about how they can give new life to the lawn. Lawn was mostly
couch, with some buffalo runners in it. Buffalo runners had gone wild around
and into the pond.
I told them to spray sections of the lawn, then plant the buffalo runners,
if they wanted a buffalo lawn.
Then he showed me a section off the back step, where he had his nightime
cigarettes, and a leak if need be. The urine had killed the couch, but not
the buffalo, in this one area about the size of a dinner plate.
I found it interesting, that in a similar way, it worked like fusilade. A
chemical that will kill grasses (monocots), and not dicots(many plants).
Not sure what buffalo is, (dicot or mono?), but as broadleaf weed killer
"can" kill it, then I would say it's a dicot.
So could it be, that urine, well human urine anyway, is a cheap form of
"grass" only killer?

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply