Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
CandL

Default Downy mildew query

Hi..!!

I'm new to the group and new to gardening. Have set up an organic garden
but am having trouble with mildew.... I've learnt the hard way to NOT water
my cucurbits from overhead.

Black Jack Zucchinis developed a major case of Downey mildew and it spread
to neighbouring Lebanese Cucumbers.. causing early demise of all the plants
effected. We have pulled them out and safely disposed of the diseased
plants but now I wonder if I should treat the surrounding soil or just
replant with something else as though nothing has happened.

I would be grateful for any advise on what to do for the best.
--

Lena G
Brisbane

---