Old 26-12-2007, 04:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default What kind of bush is this?

I think this is it. French Broom.

http://www.nps.gov/seki/naturescience/badgemu.htm

Thanks so much to all.

Dave

"dave" nospam wrote in message
Thanks. Some good suggestions here. The photo I showed looks like it was
taken in or near Seqouia Park which is in the sierras south of Yosemite.
I'd say the elevation is about 2,000 or 4,000 feet. There are many pine
trees there and this brush is mixed in. It looks to be 10 to 15 feet
tall. The photo was taken in May at the height of the spring bloom. It
looks like it has rounded green leafs with yellow flowers sprouting from
leaf clusters.

Dave

"mleblanca" wrote in message
On Dec 25, 2:19 pm, Amos Nomore wrote:
In article ,

"dave" nospam wrote:
http://home.comcast.net/~dl1027/file...ct/foliage.jpg

It looks like it grows wild in the forested areas of California.
That's all
I know about it.

Thanks

Kind of looks like Creosote bush, Larrea tridentata.

After thinking it looked like broom, Larrea was my second thought,
However I have never seen Creosote in what the poster calls
"a forested area" Desert, yes............

Dave, we need your help: describe the flowers if you can, and
what/where is the forested area??
Emilie