Old 26-12-2007, 10:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
emntee emntee is offline

Default How's the weather with you?

Hello all you orchid lovers on this world wide boxing day

I see that some of you in the far north are having a bad time weather
wise with snow and sleet and cold weather generally.
I thought you might spare a thought for us poor souls who reside on
the other side of our great planet. No folks, we are not freezing as
you are! Indeed quite the opposite. Our Xmas day had all the doors and
windows open and the air conditioner (Swamp Cooler to you. A very
large one on the roof of the house) going flat out. It was only 40.1C
and our meat and salad Xmas diner really fitted the bill. Lots of open
wine bottles and a good time was had by all.
That was yesterday!!
Today it got hot! 44.8C!!!! I spent most of the day staying out of the
heat and watching the cricket on TV (Boxing Day Test between Oz &
India). Every hour or so I would run? race? ...no, just go outside and
spray water willy nilly (or the opposite of whatever that is). Temps
in the greenhouse reached 36C and were kept that cool by another swamp
cooler and lots of water sprayed in the aforementioned willy nilly
fashion.

Funny old world isn't it

Tony