Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Montana

Default Killing Black birds

"silvasurfa" wrote in message . ..
"Geodyne" wrote in message
John Savage wrote:
"S. McLaren" writes:

I've got a pack of black birds who are rumaging thru my garden, digging

up
my plants, mulch etc.. I want to kill them. They are a pest.

There is mention made from time to time of "black birds", but I don't

just
know what they are, for they seem not to be part of the Sydney scene. I
assume they must be an introduced species? It is not legal to kill any
native species, no matter how humanely it could be done.

They are an introduced species John, native to Britain. I've seen them
in Sydney, in fact I have one that occasionaly visits mt house.

Can someone nominate a web site that has photos of these black birds?

Best I can find on the net:

http://kiwicards.newzealand.co.nz/pa..._Birds/Birds/#

The blackbird is bottom right, and you can magnify the image. They're a
black bird (suprise!) about the size of a magpie lark, with yellow beak
and legs.

Tara

Yep, sure are an introduced species.

Sing a song of sixpence, a pocket full of rye,
4 and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie.

Given the size of blackbirds, if you boned them out, 24 would still make a
darn small pie. And how would anyone ever cath 24 of them... they move very
quickly indeed and stick near cover.

I have them bloody picking at my garden every bloody day. They are
more of a nuisance than a cat. They have also bred in my gutter and
they continually sit on the optus line and shit on my front yard. Then
we can't even water their shit down because of the lack of water in
Vic. No win situation. I will try anything to get rid of these birds.
cheers,
Kat