Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Trish Brown

Default African Violets

D_Mozina wrote:

I have very healthy AFRICAN VIOLETS, however, they are not flowering, can
anyone help me with this problem.

It's nearly always because of lack of light. Can you move them a little
closer to a window? Can you light them with a lamp (preferably a
fluorescent one) for a little longer each day? Can you open a curtain to
give them just a little more light in the mornings?

I've heard it said that yellow spectrum light really helps African
Violets to thrive and my Mum's certainly did when she hung yellow
curtains! (It was remarkable to see!)

Afrcian Violets can be quite a challenge to grow, but once you find the
perfect spot for them (ie. correct balance of light, humidity and
temperature), they grow like weeds and will flower prolifically for you!

Best of luck!
--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia