Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Harry

Default Ride on mower

It's a difficult question to answer.
If you have a manicured large yard then the 'plastic' type ride-ons are OK.
Toro, Husqvarna, Murray (Victa)
The twin blade type have smaller turning circles (good for going around
trees).

If you have a rough acreage, then the all metal mowers are best.
These are Greenfield, Cox & Rover (all Australian made).
I think these are single blade type.
The Greenfield and Cox use a variable drive heel/toe mechanism (very
simple).
The Rover uses gear selection.

The other consideration is HP. Don't get the biggest - get what is
suitable.

--
Harry

"rob" wrote in message ...
Hi not sure if this is the right group but. I was wondering if anyone has
any experience with toro mowers. I want to purchase a good mower at
reasonable price any recommendations.
thankyou Rob