Old 28-12-2007, 08:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default getting rid of a newsgroup spammer

ncstockguy wrote:
also getting a real newsreader instead of using Google
helps cut the visible spam immensely

-- Can you suggest one? Thanks.

I use Moz Thunderbird for my email and NG usage. It's got a good filter
system for taking care of such things.

I've got set up to mark the thread read, and to
ignore it. Most likely no need to mark it read first but oh well.

Been SO long since I'd seen any posts I had to check my filter to see if
I was indeed filtering them.

Really a dream.. Plus love having all my email, news groups and RSS
subscriptions in one place.

Hell of alot more secure than OE, too. POS that it is.