Old 28-12-2007, 08:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Laelia anceps

The flower shape doesn't look right to me. Of course, I'll defer to more
learned growers if y'all think I'm off base. Here's a link to Jay's photo of
anceps. http://www.orchidspecies.com/laelancepsvaranceps.htm

Diana

"Wendy7" wrote in message
news
Kathy, I meant that this one is straight but I do have another plant that
is a natural hybrid & I was mixed up while
looking in my database? Not that my posted photo is?
Cheers Wendy
"K Barrett" wrote in message
Nah, I don't buy that either. L. autumnalis is starry shaped like
anceps. And this one's lip is wrong, too.... To my eye yours looks like
a primary hybrid with a standard cattleya, like gaskelliana or
warscewiczii. But you should look at autumnalis and anceps at Jay's
site. See what you think.
K Barrett

"Wendy7" wrote in message
You guys are quite right & on top of things. My err as I had been
looking at my database & have a few L. anceps one of
which is :-Laelia anceps x L. autumnalis (Nat.Hybrid)
Cheers Wendy

"Ray B" wrote in message
Hybrid?

"Wendy7" wrote in message
news Laelia anceps a natural hybrid opened today, a very neat Christmas
gift.
Cheers Wendy