Old 26-12-2007, 05:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Laelia anceps

Laelia anceps a natural hybrid opened today, a very neat Christmas gift.
Cheers Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
Laelia anceps-l-anceps-hybrid-76-dsc01577.jpg
Old 26-12-2007, 10:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hybrid?

news

Old 26-12-2007, 11:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

erm, isnt that a naturally occuring species???

Kye.

news

Old 26-12-2007, 03:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

You guys are quite right & on top of things. My err as I had been looking at
my database & have a few L. anceps one of
which is :-Laelia anceps x L. autumnalis (Nat.Hybrid)
Cheers Wendy

"Ray B" wrote in message
Hybrid?

news

Old 27-12-2007, 03:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Nah, I don't buy that either. L. autumnalis is starry shaped like anceps.
And this one's lip is wrong, too.... To my eye yours looks like a primary
hybrid with a standard cattleya, like gaskelliana or warscewiczii. But you
should look at autumnalis and anceps at Jay's site. See what you think.
K Barrett

"Ray B" wrote in message
Hybrid?

news

Old 27-12-2007, 05:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Kathy, I meant that this one is straight but I do have another plant that is
a natural hybrid & I was mixed up while
looking in my database? Not that my posted photo is?
Cheers Wendy

"Ray B" wrote in message
Hybrid?

"Wendy7" wrote in message
news Laelia anceps a natural hybrid opened today, a very neat Christmas
gift.
Cheers Wendy

Old 27-12-2007, 09:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 11:58:12 GMT, "Kye" wrote:

erm, isnt that a naturally occuring species???

Kye.

Thanks Wendy7. These three were just what I needed to combat the snow
and cold gray we have today.

Beautiful collection of very strong growers.

SuE
Old 28-12-2007, 08:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

The flower shape doesn't look right to me. Of course, I'll defer to more
learned growers if y'all think I'm off base. Here's a link to Jay's photo of
anceps. http://www.orchidspecies.com/laelancepsvaranceps.htm

Diana

news

Old 30-12-2007, 05:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Very observant Kathy, also I had posted my L. anceps natural hybrid on
12/14/07
Have some other laelia anceps as well with the starry shape.

This one is tagged Laelia hybrid?
Cheers Wendy (who must remember to edit her database)

"Wendy7" wrote in message
news Laelia anceps a natural hybrid opened today, a very neat Christmas
gift.
Cheers Wendy

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Laelia anceps var alba nana John Varigos Orchid Photos 0 04-01-2007 08:59 AM
Laelia anceps - spectacular color on this guy Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 4 02-01-2007 09:37 AM
Laelia anceps wendy7 Orchid Photos 1 28-12-2006 10:40 PM
Laelia anceps 'Sanbar Gloriosa' - one of the famous L. anceps clones Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 0 16-11-2006 05:41 AM
Laelia anceps v. veitchiana (aka v. coerulea) prem_s Orchids 0 22-11-2004 02:01 PM