Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Andrew G

Default Gro Plus Complete FERTILIZER

"Farea Saref" wrote in message
I bought the fertiliser "Gro-Plus Complete" (Yates)
It's used as a fist of hand / square meter.(roughly)
I tried to dissolve it in water but it does not nearly dissolve..
Who knows how can I make solution with this fertiliser?
I thought trying to dissolve it in hot water, but it may change its
formula!!!!
Please Help.
Saref

Just trying to think what the Gro-Plus Complete looks like? Hmm, anyway:

Best thing is to use it as directed (the handfull thing).
It is probably slow release, and if you did use it as directed you may find
remnants of it about a month later, even with all the weathering, so it
would take a long time to dissolve.
Hot water could change it's formula, and it may not work, but something
worse could happen......
That handful to a square metre will release goodies into the soil slowly,
and each time it gets water.
If you manage to dilute that same handful, and use it to a square metre, it
will all go into the soil at once and possibly kill the plant.
I wouldn't even try using the mix as a foliage fertiliser. I'm pretty sure
that would burn.
I think it would be best to use it as directed.

Good luck