Old 30-12-2007, 02:42 AM posted to aus.gardens
Don Don is offline

Default cherry tree pruning

Folks

I have two stellar cherries and have cropped these for the year but am now
suffering an infestation of cherry slug that has skeletonised about on third
of the leaves. I was wondering whether I should spray with Caboryl or just
let nature take its course. If I leave the leaves alone and they get mainly
skeletonised will that effect next years growth? Could I simply prune the
trees now back say by a third or greater? Any information will be
appreciated

Don