Old 30-12-2007, 01:17 PM
redg redg is offline
Registered User

Default old giant leylandiis

My Oxford home is let. It has a very small triangular back garden with two lelandiis in the corner, one very very tall and one slightly shorter. Next to the garage at the side if the house is another and along the front wall are 4 more.

I can hear you saying, why has this person allowed them to become so tall. Don't ask, it is a big mistake..... However my neighbour is having problems with the TV signal. I have made enquiries as to cost of having them reduced and one company suggested removal of them. Although I believe in conservation, these trees are a big problem and although they are great specimins, I have no desire to keep them. However the back garden trees are about 20 feet from the house, the side one about 5 and the front garden also about 20. The front ones have already pushed up a driveway paving slab.
Any suggestions on the best way to deal with these giants....... been there at least 20 years!