Old 30-12-2007, 08:07 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pond plans for New Year

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 10:14:23 CST, "2pods" wrote:

Our tiny patio pond's filter pump died on Christmas Eve.
(five year old Hozelock Cyprio Titan 2000 on 24/7. That's what I call
service :-) )

Yesterday I canniblised bits from a hefty waterfall pump and got the filter
running again.
This will see me through until 3rd January when the place I buy pumps from
reopens I thought.

Wrong !
This morning about two thirds of the water has gone.
The pump was still running, so I think I have stupidly ripped the liner when
replacing the pump.

So it will prolly be a new pump, new liner, and frostbite for my new year.

Is this a fountain where the wind could have blown the water out? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us