Old 31-12-2007, 06:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default Christmas Bloomers

On 12/30/2007 5:30 PM, mleblanca wrote:
On Dec 28, 11:03 am, "David E. Ross" wrote:
On 12/25/2007 5:17 PM, mleblanca wrote:

Here is what is blooming in my Northern California garden
on Christmas Day 2007.

See my http://www.rossde.com/garden/garden_bloom.html. I count 21
right now.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

David
I'm glad you're getting the Hill landscaped and sure do hope it stays
OK
I havve Potentilla Neumanniana and its a nice little plant. Not
blooming here
right now.

Cold rain here all weekend, but a little sun peeked thru this
afternoon. About
a half inch of rain total from this storm. I think it was cold
everywhere in CA!!

Happy New Year
Emilie

I had Potentilla neumanniana (cinquefoil) in the garden that was
"destroyed" by regrading my hill. From that experience, I think the
nursery plants that my landscape contractor used might have been forced
into bloom.

Today, while planting spring bulbs, I found some cinquefoil seedlings in
a bed where cinquefoil used to grow but where I didn't want it planted
now. Also, after paying to have my hill planted with African daisy
(Osteospermum fruticosum) along with English ivy (Hedera helix), I now
find seedling African daisy both in my beds and on the base of the hill.
I also found two Nasturtium seedlings.

However, the number one weed in my garden remains seedlings from my ash
tree (Fraxinus uhdei).