Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
John Savage

Default followup on Blackbird posting

Thanks to those who posted links to pics of these introduced Blackbirds.
It seems that they are /Turdus merula/ so I went looking for large clear
photos and was impressed by this selection:

http://hjem.get2net.dk/birds_of_denm...dus_merula.htm

The male is so similar in many ways to the Indian mynah that, given just
a can of black spray paint, I reckon I could transform a mynah into a
good likeness of the male Blackbird. Blackbirds even seem to adopt the
same cocky stance as the mynahs.

For the record, an Indian mynah is not a Blackbird.
--
John Savage (for email, replace "ks" with "k" and delete "n")