Old 02-01-2008, 11:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default To Cheryl and group

On 1/1/08 11:00 AM, in article ,
"enigma" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

Poor Perl! hope she gets better soon. I know it'd be a
hassle, but could you rent her a stall someplace warmer and
drier until she's better.

now that her head is debrided, she feels better. she doesn't
like her linen bonnet, but when i make the next few i'll be
adding ties so she can't get it off so easily. it's mostly to
keep hay & dirt out since healing wounds get really itchy &
she rubs her head on the hay bales.

Sounds like a typical baby - take that hat off of me!

*if* we could move her, the vet would be more than happy to
put her in the infirmary stall there, but she can't stand,
never mind walk, and she's all the way down the hill about 3-
400 feet from the driveway. she weighs about 450 pounds so
carrying her uphill is not really going to happen...
we'll keep working on the standing up though, & she'll be
getting a pillow for her chest to reduce that pressure point.
since we cleaned her head yesterday she's been doing more
active shifting from one side to the other & stretching her
legs. this is quite good. all in all the vet is pleased with
her progress. she (Dr.Wu, the vet) says she does want to see
her standing in about 2 months.

My goodness, that's a long recovery time.

Boston Terrors are sweet for little dogs.

i agree. Kirby is doing the long-suffering old dog act
though. poor old man, having a pre-teen around is hard on him
i can't wait until she's done teething though...
lee

Having any preteen or teen around is hard on an old man! just ask my DH!