Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Gerard

Default camellia problems

I haven't looked at your pics, but I'm guessing sunburn. Only outside
leaves? And on the top and side exposed to the sun?

Yep, but the A/C has contrubited to the burning, I investigated the A/C on the
last scorcher and with the hot exhaust from the A/C combined with the northerly
wind the top of the camelia copped it.

I was surprised a few
years back when some of our camelias developed brown leaves after a day of
scorching heat, yet they had not been burnt in a dozen previous summers.

I have noticed that, maybe due to the dry season? But they have been regurally
watered!
Don't know, but they'll bounce back :-)

Don't remove the burnt leaves. You will just be exposing leaves even more
tender to the next day of extremes. Let the burnt leaves be, so they can
give some protection for the remainder of the Summer.

Thought of that, when the warmer weather dies down I'll give them a prune......

Keep cool
Gerard