Old 04-01-2008, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default New Year's Day in the garden

On Jan 3, 7:47*pm, Chris Hogg wrote:
We have in flower in the garden:

Kunzea Baxteri, which is supposed to flower in late spring to early
summer! Been in full flower for about six weeks now. Similar flowers
to Callistemon citrinus splendens. Grown from seed from Chiltern.

Polygala myrtifolia
Euryops pectinatus
Geranium palmatum
Various Camellias japonica
A few plum-purple large flowered hebes
Correa 'Dusky Bells' and a.n.o.
3 species of South Africa heather
A few gazanias
Cyclamen neopolitanum, c. coum and some semi-hardy brightly coloured
hybrids.
A few Bergenias
Schizostylis coccinea major

But I think this list is shorter than last year's.

--
Chris

I'm jealous.
Flowering in my garden (v. quick inspection, and that was before the
snow)
Mahonia
Primulae
A few pansies (last 2 in pots)
A few big buds on Camelia (also in pot)
Er... that's it.

Cat(h) (obviously hasn't mastered the year-round interest bit about
gardening...)