Old 04-01-2008, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Thompson & Morgan Poor Service

"greenfinger" wrote in message
I tried over the holiday to place a significant order via the web. I
gave up in the end as it appeared that I could not place all items as
part of the same order.

I have just telephoned to place order - various seeds, plug plants,
and potatoes and equipment. Gave the first item - Onion sets - OK;
gave the second Bizzie Lizzies and the lady at the other end could not
find the code I gave her - when I said what it was she informed me it
was a different company and I would have to place a separate order.

(This also must explain why I get any number of communications and
catalogues from the "same" company)

Talk about shambles.

Anyway - it doesn't matter - I'll shop elsewhere - and recommend that
the rest of the allotment society do the same.

I had a bad experience with them before last year, and would never use them
again. I ordered some small Omphalodes cappadocica and they said that four
of them would come in plugs. But when they came, they were only 2" high,
and bare-rooted in a plastic container. I potted them up immediately but
they all died.

At the same time I also ordered some special Iris tubers. So they took my
money, and then, along with the Omphalodes was a message saying that the
Irises wouldn't be available until Spring 2008 (I had ordered in November
2006).

They at least did refund some of my money, for the Irises, but the
Omphalodes were a total waste.

I would never use this company again.

someone