Old 04-01-2008, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Thompson & Morgan Poor Service

I tried over the holiday to place a significant order via the web. I
gave up in the end as it appeared that I could not place all items as
part of the same order.

I have just telephoned to place order - various seeds, plug plants,
and potatoes and equipment. Gave the first item - Onion sets - OK;
gave the second Bizzie Lizzies and the lady at the other end could not
find the code I gave her - when I said what it was she informed me it
was a different company and I would have to place a separate order.

(This also must explain why I get any number of communications and
catalogues from the "same" company)

Talk about shambles.

Anyway - it doesn't matter - I'll shop elsewhere - and recommend that
the rest of the allotment society do the same.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 13:09:15 +0000, greenfinger wrote:

I tried over the holiday to place a significant order via the web. I
gave up in the end as it appeared that I could not place all items as
part of the same order.

I have just telephoned to place order - various seeds, plug plants,
and potatoes and equipment. Gave the first item - Onion sets - OK;
gave the second Bizzie Lizzies and the lady at the other end could not
find the code I gave her - when I said what it was she informed me it
was a different company and I would have to place a separate order.

(This also must explain why I get any number of communications and
catalogues from the "same" company)

Talk about shambles.

Anyway - it doesn't matter - I'll shop elsewhere - and recommend that
the rest of the allotment society do the same.

Did you think of ordering by snail mail?

This has been a bug bear with me as well. I complained and go nowhere.
They have become to large and above themselves! I understand they are up
for sale, maybe that it will improve then.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

greenfinger wrote:
I tried over the holiday to place a significant order via the web. I
gave up in the end as it appeared that I could not place all items as
part of the same order.

I have just telephoned to place order - various seeds, plug plants,
and potatoes and equipment. Gave the first item - Onion sets - OK;
gave the second Bizzie Lizzies and the lady at the other end could not
find the code I gave her - when I said what it was she informed me it
was a different company and I would have to place a separate order.

(This also must explain why I get any number of communications and
catalogues from the "same" company)

Talk about shambles.

Anyway - it doesn't matter - I'll shop elsewhere - and recommend that
the rest of the allotment society do the same.

T&M seem to operate from multiple sites, and treat each site as
self-contained.
So, the customer has to deal with each of them independently. But its not
obvious that they are like this. I, too, find this a right pain in the
backside, so, even though I am within a short cycle ride of their Ipswich
office, I end up ordering from other sources.

Can't fault Marshall's of Cambridge so far - a single order, delivered in
stages (as expected). Each stage includes note of what is to come later (and
correct in each part).
When they discovered a problem with their leek seed germination rate, they
sent a letter with replacement seeds.

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Old 04-01-2008, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"greenfinger" wrote in message
I tried over the holiday to place a significant order via the web. I
gave up in the end as it appeared that I could not place all items as
part of the same order.

I have just telephoned to place order - various seeds, plug plants,
and potatoes and equipment. Gave the first item - Onion sets - OK;
gave the second Bizzie Lizzies and the lady at the other end could not
find the code I gave her - when I said what it was she informed me it
was a different company and I would have to place a separate order.

(This also must explain why I get any number of communications and
catalogues from the "same" company)

Talk about shambles.

Anyway - it doesn't matter - I'll shop elsewhere - and recommend that
the rest of the allotment society do the same.

I had a bad experience with them before last year, and would never use them
again. I ordered some small Omphalodes cappadocica and they said that four
of them would come in plugs. But when they came, they were only 2" high,
and bare-rooted in a plastic container. I potted them up immediately but
they all died.

At the same time I also ordered some special Iris tubers. So they took my
money, and then, along with the Omphalodes was a message saying that the
Irises wouldn't be available until Spring 2008 (I had ordered in November
2006).

They at least did refund some of my money, for the Irises, but the
Omphalodes were a total waste.

I would never use this company again.

someone

Old 05-01-2008, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"greenfinger" wrote in message
I tried over the holiday to place a significant order via the web. I
gave up in the end as it appeared that I could not place all items as
part of the same order.

I have just telephoned to place order - various seeds, plug plants,
and potatoes and equipment. Gave the first item - Onion sets - OK;
gave the second Bizzie Lizzies and the lady at the other end could not
find the code I gave her - when I said what it was she informed me it
was a different company and I would have to place a separate order.

Sounds like they do dropshipping and haven't got a clue how to hide that
from the customer so as to present a good customer experience...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_shipping