Old 05-01-2008, 01:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default New Year's Day in the garden

Three of the trailing carnations are actually just about to flower in
the pots on the patio. The frosts didn't seem to harm them. They were
really late in coming into flower , they were the ones from T & M this
year.

A friend's edgworthia is doing really well and we have a fair amount of
flowers around in Amersham. I know because I always have the great New
year's day flower count. The gardening club all send their entries in
and one list gets picked for a prize every year.
I list all the flowers in the lists and he numbers of people reporting
them to be in bloom.
It's a good way to learn of new plants that will flower in local gardens
in winter!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph