Old 05-01-2008, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Fame!

On 5/1/08 18:57, in article ,
"David in Normandy" wrote:

In article C3A573F0.61DF1%
, Sacha says...

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...growing-Lemons

Pity they didn't show the Buddha's Hand but 'only' the C. medica! ;-)

I've not seen lemons that big before. Is that due to the
variety or just TLC?

It's the variety. C. medica is the lemon used for candying and culinary
use. It's mainly peel and pith. ;-)) C. medica 'Buddha's Hand' is of no
culinary use at all but is used by the Chinese and Japanese to perfume their
houses. I cannot begin to describe the intensity of its scent. It is
exquisite and last year, a cut one in our big greenhouse, retained its
perfume for at least four weeks.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk