Old 06-01-2008, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Fame!

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| It's the variety. C. medica is the lemon used for candying and culinary
| use. It's mainly peel and pith. ;-)) C. medica 'Buddha's Hand' is of no
| culinary use at all but is used by the Chinese and Japanese to perfume their
| houses. I cannot begin to describe the intensity of its scent. It is
| exquisite and last year, a cut one in our big greenhouse, retained its
| perfume for at least four weeks.

I believe that it can be used for cooking! See:

http://www.sanfranciscofoodie.com/sc...uddhasHand.htm

From those and other Web hits, I believe that it would be good in any
of the recipes that use fresh lemon peel - pickles, steamed whole lemon
pudding, chicken/lamb with lemon etc.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.